Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

Book Musings - Counter Clockwise by Elle Strauss

Title : Counter Clockwise
Author : Elle Strauss
Series : Clockwise, Book 5
Genre : Young Adult, Romance, Time Travel
Source : Free copy from the author for an honest review

Blurb :

High school senior Casey Donovan is in trouble. Again. If only she had trusted in Nate’s loyalty when he traveled to Spain with his college basketball team – despite the accompaniment of the cheerleading squad and Fiona the Floozy who’d made it super clear she wanted Nate for herself. Then she wouldn’t have made that impulsive trip to Hollywood and let Aiden do that stupid thing that threatened her relationship with Nate, and triggered a trip into the past. Only something is wildly wrong. She’s not in the 1860s like she should be. It’s 1929. And she didn’t come alone.



My Musings : 

I have loved this series since the first book and this one doesn't alter that opinion at all!
This is another great continuation to the Clockwise series and I absolutely loved the story and the way Casey and Nate show their vulnerability in this book.

The book starts off with intense emotions especially on Casey's side. The story begins at a stage in their relationship where Casey is feeling a bit insecure and it shows in her emotions being all over the place. Casey is usually balanced and seems to be in control in every situation but this book brings out her vulnerable side and I could feel her every emotion as I read the book. And Nate goes from a being a normally supportive boyfriend to a more tired version. I had been thinking for a while that he would show the strain one of these days and this seems to be the book which puts a bit of a damper on their relationship.

I read this book in one sitting. I stayed up late to read this book and that's how much engrossing it was! It literally kept me wanting to devour it as I kept turning the pages. The pace was steady and no dips at all while the plot of time travel as usual piqued my interest. I love reading about her adventures while she is"tripping". I didn't see the time travel twist coming while I liked coming to know more about Adeline. Is there going to books for her? I would love that!

Another twist which caught me by surprise was the betrayer. I so didn't see that! Was I blind or what?

In short, I couldn't put down this book at all! ( figuratively, of course ) I would recommend it to young adult readers who like an adventurous time travel romance.

My one line review : An intense continuaton to a YA time travel romance series

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment