Pages

Monday 27 July 2015

Book Musings - Obsidian Liquor by Scarlett Dawn

Title : Obsidian Liquor
Author : Scarlett Dawn
Series : Lion Security, Book 1
Genre : Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source : Free copy from the author for an honest review

Blurb : 

The Lion Security series fires off with Obsidian Liquor, where no one escapes the Russian mafia's flame...

While a brutal competition of America's heroes is held in the United States, Elizabeth Forter is on a personal mission to destroy the Mayor of New York City. But when she’s caught red-handed by a man who kills for a living, her enmity rapidly turns to fear.

Daniil Kozar isn't a man to trifle with, and Elizabeth is forced to strike a deal with the mafia king. Her every action is watched, and she needs to decide how to handle the gun-toting criminal--and his seductive charm.

Daniil may be the devil her father warned about. Or he may be the sensual awakening Elizabeth never knew she needed. Somewhere, Elizabeth's dad is screaming a prayer...


My Musings : 

I had previously read the author's Forever Evermore series so I was expecting this book to be good. But it was even better than I thought it would be. I am glad I took a chance on her adult series. Because this book totally rocks and I have put it on my favourite list. I can see myself rereading this book often inspite of the mature content.

The beginning of the book was a bit confusing since I was on information overload with the number of characters introduced and also because I felt as if I stepped right into the middle of the book rather than the start. After a while, it started making sense and I was able to follow the story.

The characters all meshed well with the story. They all gave a unique slant to the plot with their interactions and their history with each other. The plot has so many sub plots to keep track of that I was overwhelmed at times. But I was also so intrigued with the dynamics.

But the main plot is that of the heroine, Elizabeth and her attempt to find pay dirt on Cole and Brent. And also the accidental romance between her and the Mafia head, Daniil. The entire book can be summed up in the above two sentences. That's what the book is about.

 It is a very short sexy read. The dialogues between the protagonists sizzle at times with heat and other times with danger. I was so sure Daniil would hurt Elizabeth in certain scenes. But he seems to control himself well while she is always provoking him without thought. The drinking scene is one of my favourites followed closely by the the one on the morning after the momentous event ( you will know it when you read the book *hint hint* ). The chemistry between the heroine and hero is so good that I can feel the sparks between them in their interactions while the humour in the tale had me laughing under my breath throughout the book.

The ending felt kind of abrupt to me and I thought that it might have had few more scenes to end it properly. But at the same time, this had whetted my appetite for the next book which I can't wait to start! So overall, I recommend this book to contemporary romance lovers who like spicy and humorous stories.

My one like review : A short spicy humorous romance tale which will keep you wanting more!

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 5/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment