Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

#TBRChallenge2020

TBR Challenge 2020 is one of the reading challenges I have signed up for this year. I hope it keeps me on my toes and gets me to read new and diverse books. I need to branch out because, frankly, I have been in a rut in recent times. Nothing like good prompts to get me eyeing new and interesting and out of my comfort zone books, not all but few of them anyway.

So this one is hosted by Shalini and Soumya. And they have some fun prompts. Let's take a look at them. I have not completed the list yet. I will add in the other picks later. For now, browse to get my idea of TBR list for this one! There are 20 mandatory and 4 optional prompts which can be easily read I believe.



1. A book from a genre you generally avoid - TBD

2. A book that's a part of a series - Nova Terra :Titan by Seth Ring

3. A book you started but never finished - Spellmonger by Terry Mancour

4. A book by an author you have been meaning to read but haven't dared to so far - The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker

5. A book written 100 years ago/Classic - Rebecca of Sunnybrook farm by Kate Douglas Wiggins 

6. A book picked up after reading a favorable review on a book blogger's site or a recommendation from a book obsessed friend/relative - TBD

7. A book set in the past or the future - The Three Brooches by Katherine Lowrey Logan

8. Re-read an old favorite - Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens

9. A book to be read on a vacation or the plot is based around a holiday (could be a travelogue)
TBD

10. A free hit (choose any book you wish here)
No one you know by Michelle Richmond

11. A book that would be a foodies delight - TBD

12. A book with the cover in your favorite color
The Gift by Cecilia Ahern 

13. A book with a love triangle - TBD

14. WWI or WWII drama (could be a true story or fictional). - TBD

15. A book written by a famous personality (could be an autobiography/memoir or just fiction)
Mrs Funny Bones by Twinkle Khanna

16. A book gifted to you - The Dry by Jane Harper

17. A YA book - Emma Beware by Michelle A Iden

18. A book based on mythology (Indian, Roman, Greek etc) - Rise of the flame by K N Lee

19. A book that’s been on your shelf for more than 5 years - Child of the Myst by Kathleen Morgan

20. An award winning book - TBD

Bonus Prompts (Optional): 

21. A self help book - TBD

22. A book by an author whose name starts with the first letter as your name - After the Winter by Mark R Healy

23. An Audiobook/e-book or a PDF read - TBD

24. A crime fiction - Vanishing Girls by Lisa Regan


I am so looking forward to taking these off my TBR owned books list!

Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment