Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Book Musings - Wrong Bed Right Roommate by Rebecca Brooks

Click on the image to go the Goodreads page

Source : ARC from Entangled via Netgalley
Date read : January 11,2019
Rating : 4/5
Reread factor : 3/5


Blurb :

It's not every day you wake up to a stranger getting into your bed.
Only, he isn't a stranger at all, he's my best friend's hot older brother…and apparently my new roommate.
Having him in my space, driving me crazy, isn't a problem at all. Nope.
All I need to do is keep control of the situation…
But that's easier said than done.

Shawn Lassiter is the kind of distraction I don't need.
First he accidentally gets into my bed, half-naked, the night before my first day at my new job.
Hello, muscles and tattoos!
Then he's there, in nothing but a towel, making me coffee in the morning.
It's more than any girl can resist. Right?
But Shawn is off-limits, even if his eyes are saying differently.

Years ago, back when I still had my crush, he destroyed friendships with his reckless playboy antics.
There's no way I'm touching those perfectly formed abs now. I don't care how nice and responsible he's acting.
I don't want a boyfriend anyway. That's what my trusty vibrator is for.
I'm the smart girl—the glasses-wearing, book-reading workaholic. I can totally do this.
After all, it's only for two and a half months.
I'll be on my best behavior...even if Shawn isn't.

My Musings :

When I came across this book, I had to read it because it has my favourite  trope - girl falling for the best friend's brother. Who doesn't like that? I adore that theme and love reading the various paths the story takes at times. 

Jessie has had a crush on Shawn during her teens and so now when she is forced to co-habit with him for a few days, she ends up falling for him harder. So does Shawn also fall for her or does he allow his playboy act to crush her heart? That forms the entirety of the story. The plot is pretty simple but the course the story had taken, put me through the wringer - overwhelming happiness and depressing sadness - echoing the protagonists' emotions closely.

Jessie and Shawn are the quintessential opposites-attract couple. While Jessie is a serious and driven person, Shawn is a casual and go-with-the-flow character. They balance each other out and hence form a great couple! I rooted for Shawn more than Jessie because he needed it more and he is pretty sensitive though he doesn't show it on the surface. Yes, he is hot and a stud, but I like his vulnerability more which adds to the believable aspect of his character. Jessie is a great friend, at times insecure, but she disappointed me with her actions in the crucial scene. You can definitely tell who is my favourite in this couple!

I started reading this book after a sweet romance so it felt kind of overdone with the heat factor. But if you love hot romance, this is definitely for you. I like a bit of sensitivity and so I was left dissatisfied with the plot at the start. While I enjoyed Shawn showing Jessie a good time, at times, it felt that they were too immersed in the sensuality. Only towards the end, the emotions and feelings came into play and turned around the story. I literally "awww"-ed when they got together finally. Though they are hot in their romance, they are pretty sweet as a couple. 

The author's writing is pretty intuitive and easy to follow which makes for a fast read. So I literally cruised through the book which ended up on a pretty high note. All in all, it was a fun and sexy romance!

I received an ARC from Entangled through Netgalley which doesn't impact my review in any way.

My one line review : A fun and sexy romance!

Floryie


4 comments:

  1. Great review I agree with DJ about the cover it is really sexy and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete