Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Book Musings - Crazy for the Boss by Ashlee Mallory

Click on the image to go to the Goodreads page

Source : Bought on Amazon
Date read : January 3 ,2019
Rating : 5/5
My reread factor : 4/5


Blurb :

Attorney Quinn Taylor prides herself on doing the right thing, a modern-day David taking on the Goliaths of the world. Goliaths such as James Thornhill who's offering her a job that is almost impossible to refuse. Playing babysitter and muse to the overindulged CEO is the last thing she wants to do, but with mounting debt making even a cup of coffee a luxury, Quinn's ready to swallow her pride and get in bed with the devil. Something that, the more time she spends with the man, becomes increasingly enticing.

Newly appointed CEO James Thornhill wants to bring his family's company into the twenty-first century. Hiring the pesky but dedicated attorney who's leading an employee revolt against the company is his first order of business. Second order of business will be resisting the prim but fiery Quinn Taylor who has somehow become utterly indispensable in his life. 

But the stakes are too high for either of them to risk an interoffice fling...until an unexpected trip to Quinn's hometown brings a long-denied simmering attraction to a boil. They'll have to decide what they're willing to risk and how far they're willing to fall if love doesn't conquer all.

**This book is a 2nd edition that has been newly revised and edited as a sweet romance under the same title.

**Every book in the Crazy in Love series is a standalone, full-length title that can be read and enjoyed out of order.

My Musings :

James and Quinn first meet in a work related environment which in turn leads to Quinn's hiring at James' prompting. James is a playboy through and through and that's what is shown on the surface while Quinn looks like an uptight goody two shoes at first glance. But all this changed as the story developed.

Though majority of the book is from Quinn's side, there were few parts which gave me an insight into James. And that's what made this a real treat to read. I loved getting to know the complex man who hides behind the playboy facade. His vulnerability and sensitivity comes through clearly in the later half of story. Quinn is a sweetheart with the way she takes care of her family, friends and co-workers. She is proud of not giving up her ideals for anything and she expects the same kind of focus and determination from James which ultimately leads to the finale of their love story.

Speaking of love, since I just finished a very hot romance before picking up this book, I was happy that,except for kisses, there was no hanky panky. I enjoyed the contentment of a well played out romantic tale and I loved their chemistry with their perfect understanding of each other.

I felt that they very much loved and laughed together which is reflected in the image used for the cover and it fits the couple very well. The story was paced with the right amount of characterisation of the protagonists. I really enjoyed getting to know James and Quinn and I am not surprised by that fact since I have read few other books by the author and I was entertained by them pretty well.

Seeing that usually boss-employee romances are steamy as far as I have seen, I was pleasantly surprised with the clean and sweet romance. And I can recommend this book and the author to others who love a good wholesome romance with a very light hand on sensuality.

My one line review :
Loveable protagonists with a wholesome romance..

Floryie

20 comments:

  1. I'm not big into romance myself, but this sounds like a lovely read for some people I know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sweet romance..I am sure they will like it..

      Delete
  2. Such a cute cover! I don't read a lot of contemporary romance but this one sounds too cute! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? The cover is what got me when browsing on Amazon at first..

      Delete
  3. I’m not a fan of romances because usually they’re super steamy and oversimplified, but this one sounds more palatable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! This is a clean one.. I think you will enjoy it..

      Delete
  4. Great review.I love how you did your main review then that fabulous one liner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always try to include a one line review..

      Delete
  5. Great review. Thanks for sharing.
    Gemma @ www.gemmasbooknook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds delish - I wants it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for someone who loves soft stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wholesome romances are the best kind. Lovely review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review Floryie this is the first time I have heard or seen this book and I absolutely love a great clean romance books as well, and this one looks and sounds like an amazing and great romance book. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post and for putting this book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete