Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Book Musings - Karma never loses an address by K J McGillick



Blurb :

Betrayal on Every Level

Marley Bennington had brutally murdered her older sister Samantha in a drug fueled rage. Only two people know that fact as true. One of those two people, was sitting in a state prison, serving a sentence for a crime he didn’t commit. Who was that unfortunate person? Alex Clarke, Samantha Bennington’s husband, the man so buried in circumstantial evidence that he confessed to a crime he didn’t commit, rather than face a trial. He was now trapped with no way out.

It all began as sibling rivalry and jealousy, as so many tales of treachery do. Now, that intense jealousy had ended in her sister’s murder. Once Alex was tucked safely away in prison, Marley was set to inherit millions of dollars tainted with her sister’s blood. But suddenly, two obstacles stood in her way preventing her from quickly obtaining the reward for her well executed plan. One obstacle was her brother, and the other a nosy little old lady. But for Marley, this wasn’t a problem. She had killed twice already and cheated the justice system. What were a few more bodies?

Justice delayed is justice denied. Can Marley be trapped by the very people she tried to deceive? Will karma finally visit her door? Another gripping, tangled tale from the author of Facing A Twisted Judgment.


Purchase Links
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MLYZC4L

US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLYZC4L 

My Musings :

Source : ARC through Rachel's Random Resources
Date read : February 12,2019
Rating : 4.5/5
Reread factor : 3/5

I didn't know when I picked up this book, there was an earlier book. I felt I could have enjoyed it better if I had read it in spite of Karma being a standalone book. That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the book. It has all the characteristics of a good read - great characters, exciting plot and breezy easy writing.

I always love a good villain and Marley hits the spot right on. She was such a cruel and fantastically evil person that I instinctively hated her. But as for her role in the story, she was marvellous.  The character I most loved was Mary. She really got my heart. I couldn't get enough of the feisty old woman. Tallulah was interesting and I might be interested in knowing her more in the future books.

The plot was full of turns and twists and had me seated on the edge of the book. I am really happy that I got grabbed the chance to read it. The cover was actually very attention grabby and had me very much interested in reading the book. The author sure knows how to get a reader to continue reading with her entertaining words. I think I better read the prequel of sorts of the book to enjoy the coming books. 

My one line review : Great characters, exciting plot and breezy easy writing.


Author Bio



K. J. McGillick was born in New York and once she started to walk she never stopped running. But that's what New Yorker's do. Right? A Registered Nurse, a lawyer now author.

As she evolved so did her career choices. After completing her graduate degree in nursing, she spent many years in the university setting sharing the dreams of the enthusiastic nursing students she taught. After twenty rewarding years in the medical field she attended law school and has spent the last twenty-four years as an attorney helping people navigate the turbulent waters of the legal system. Not an easy feat. And now? Now she is sharing the characters she loves with readers hoping they are intrigued by her twisting and turning plots and entertained by her writing

Social Media Links –

https://www.facebook.com/KJMcGillickauthor/

Kathleen McGillick

@KJMcGillickAuth

http://www.kjmcgillick.com/

https://twitter.com/KJMcGillickAuth


No comments:

Post a Comment