Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Book Musings - Feral by Laxmi Hariharan

Title : Feral
Author : Laxmi Hariharan
Series : Many Lives,book 5
Genre : Paranormal, Romance
Source : Free copy from the author for an honest review.

Blurb :

He was her destination. She just didn't know it.

When Maya leaves Luke to go in search of her blood family, nothing prepares her for the secrets she uncovers about herself.

An intense, shifter romance, set in Bombay. A standalone novella in the Many Lives universe.

My Musings :

This was a very fast read with all the hallmarks required of a short story. It touched on the main characters a bit and got the reader's curiosity to rage with a look into the world created by the author. For returning readers of the author, I believe they will recognise few characters while for new ones like me, it is a fascinating look into a new alternate version of the world.

Maya is brave and courageous venturing out on her own because of her doubts about her life. Luke is a silent hero who loves Maya too much to let her go so she can find herself. The alternate version of Bombay had me invested in the story. I was eager for each scene as Maya interacted with other characters. This was a fast paced book and has me eager to follow the story and also read the other series to fully understand Maya's world. The author gives an impressive look into her world in a small time frame. I literally read this book in an hour or so. There were a few twists which had me guessing for a while. But the end is a new beginning I believe. And so I look to Maya's impact on her world.

My rating : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment