The Rule Book
Rule Breakers #1
Publication Date: May 9, 2016
Genre: Adult, New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Entangled Embrace
Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don’t call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don’t stare at hot boss’s, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don’t get on the malicious first assistant’s bad side.
4. Don’t forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don’t break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
First of all, whoever got that idea for the blurb is a genius. With a summary like that, the book was irresistible. The book cover didn't even impinge on my attention. I was wholly intrigued by the rules and I knew that I have to read this book. Even if I wasn't picked for the tour, I would have gladly forked over Rupees to get my hands on it.
Both the protagonists were delightful but my favourite was Lainey. She was hilarious with her no-filter mouth. I loved her and she was one heroine who kept me smiling throughout the comical scenes. Brogan was different. He seemed too serious compared with Lainey. He had too many rules and his aloofness annoyed me a lot especially his attitude towards Lainey.
The story was a warm and fun read. The author kept my attention with the various awkward scenes involving the heroine. The mystery of the bad guy in the company was a surprise twist for me. I was literally blindsided with the identity of the betrayer. That was a total shock for me because I was so sure I knew who was up to that kind of action.
All in all, this was a light-hearted romance with comical undertones and was a good introduction to the author's writing.
My rating : 4.5/5
ABOUT JENNIFER BLACKWOOD
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When not chasing after her toddler, you can find her binging on episodes of Gilmore Girls and Supernatural, and locking herself in her office to write.
Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Newsletter | Amazon Author Profile
GRAND PRIZE (US Only)